Somewhere around 1805 a group of Christians started meeting for worship on in a house along London Road. With an increase in their numbers land was acquired (on our current site) and building was erected which was first used in 1814. A few years later, on 24th August 1817, that group of people covenanted together to form a church which is now the Congregational Church in Sawbridgeworth.
Over the years that building was outgrown and needed replacing. The current building was erected and first used on 29th April 1863. The adjoining classroom block was opened on 19th July 1911.
We are a group of people of different ages, from different backgrounds who meet together, and get involved in a range of activities.